Wednesday 6 June 2018
13.00 – 17.30
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Runeberginkatu 2, Helsinki
Price: 65,00 € + vat 24% for members of STY and Finnish AIPPI Group. Others 235,00 € + vat 24%. Students free of charge.
In a co-operation with STY and Finnish AIPPI Group.
13.00 – 13.10 Opening of the Seminar
President of the Finnish Association for Industrial Property Rights (STY) Johanna Flythström and President of the Finnish AIPPI Group Esa Korkeamäki
13.10 – 14.00 Resolving IP Disputes through ADR
– Case example: FRAND Arbitration
Partner Richard Vary, Bird & Bird (UK)
14.00 – 14.30 AI in IP: the Good, the bad and the ugly
Professor Burkhard Schafer, University of Edinburgh (UK)
14.30 – 15.00 Opportunities and risks with e-courts
Professor Rob van den Hoven van Genderen, VU University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
15.00 – 15.30 Coffee Break
Generating Outcomes, not Disputes – the Power of Mediation
– Views on Mediation of IP Disputes and a Mock Mediation
Partner Peter Müller, Müller Schupfner & Partner (Germany), Chairman of the Mediation Association of German Patent and Trademark Attorneys, Immediate Past-President of ECTA, Member of the Panel of Neutrals of INTA, WIPO, and CPR.
• Legal Counsel Ilona Tulokas, SOK
• Legal Counsel Mirkka Vainikka, Valio Ltd.
• Attorney-at-Law Henri Kaikkonen, Inventio Attorneys Ltd.
• Attorney-at-Law Sami Sunila, Roschier Attorneys Ltd.
16.30 – 17.30 Panel Discussion: Can IP Disputes Be Effectively Handled through ADR? – Practical experiences from the trenches and views from the industry
• Peter Müller, Partner, Müller Schupfner & Partner (Germany)
• Richard Vary, Partner, Bird & Bird (UK)
• Head of Legal Pekka Salomaa, Novartis Finland Oy (Finland)
17.30 Closing of the Seminar